WOMEN — KEEP AWAY
“Move away move away, don’t come on the way, stand behind” – shouted someone while pushing all the women gathered near the departure gate at the domestic airport.
Suddenly a huge gathering of men cordoned off the place forming a semi circular ring, blocking the women out.
A huge Mercedes Benz stopped near the gate , out came a Sadhu/Swamiji with his team amidst loud cheers of Jai Ho, Swamiji ki Jai ho .He was followed by a another Sadhu carrying the idols of Radha Krishna in his arms. Both these Sadhus/Swami were enveloped by the group of men who had already blocked the women from all sides.
The group of women stood behind with folded hands also joined in cheering and the sadhu.
The group moved ahead. All the women walking far far behind the men still chanting the same
When asked the reason for this seclusion from the men group,I was surprised to hear that the Swamji doesn’t look at women, no women is allowed within his vision area, He doesn’t talk to women etc.
Also during his sessions of preaching, women are made to sit at the back, away from every one.
Some points to ponder:
- Are women untouchables?
- Why this aversion to women? Did he not come out of womb of a woman?
- Does the swamiji walks with his eyes shut? How can he not see women?
- If he thinks women are source of distraction does that mean he doesn’t have control over his desires?
- Will allowing women during his sermon sessions corrupt the minds of all his male followers?
- Is he and his followers so weak that they will get enticed by the mere sight of a women?
- Does he think women are not fit/intelligent enough to hear and understand his golden words
- How come he prays to the idols of Radha Krishna? Radha was a woman
- While praying to Krishna or Vishnu will he be ignoring Radha, Rukmani or Laxmi
- Will all his male disciples be also keeping away from women?
- If looking/talking to women is against his principles then why does he allow women to become his disciples?
This reminded me of a news item that appeared in news papers few days back
(trustees of the Radharaman Swaminaryan temple in Junagadh (Vadtal sect) now want to keep the sadhus on the straight and narrow.
The new code of conduct announced on Monday bars contact and conversation with women,
If he is such a learned person, if he has renounced the world, if he is the ideal of so many people, if has attained so much fame that proves that he has won over all his desires then why this discrimination against women